Walt Disney World Tropical Weather Update
Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel at the present time are advised to
remain indoors through the duration of the storm. For more information – including
important safety measures they can take, Guests should speak with the nearest Cast
While we continue to take every necessary precaution throughout Hurricane Matthew,
please be aware of the following – in the instance that a Guest’s vacation plans have
been directly affected:
Most Disney Resort hotel restaurants will remain open. However, if Guests wish or need to cancel or modify a dining reservation affected by Hurricane Matthew, cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests.
• In addition, Disney Resort hotel cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests. For information on checking out early and/or receiving a reimbursement, Guest should visit the Front Desk of their Disney Resort hotel and a Cast Member will assist them in processing a refund for unused nights of their stay, park tickets and dining entitlements.
• If flights home have been canceled, Guests who booked directly with the airline and the flights are being moved, we will assist in moving the Disney Resort stay (based on availability.) For Guests who booked airline travel through Walt Disney Travel Company, we will assist with obtaining another flight (based on availability) and in moving the Disney Resort stay.
• If booked with Disney, we will waive fees to modify airline flight dates and package accommodations. For Guests who have booked a reservation on their own, we will connect them with their airline to assist with obtaining a wavier for their reservation so we can modify the land portion of their reservation.
• If Guests need to checkout early or move the dates of stay, they can go to the Disney Resort front desk where a Cast Member can assist in processing a refund for the unused nights, tickets and dining entitlements.
• Guests who have specific questions on Travelex® insurance coverage, can contact Travelex at 888-246-4967. • Best Friends Pet Care is closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. A crew will remain with the animals.
• If Guests have made FastPass+ selections that cannot be used due to the closure of our theme parks, they can modify their selections online or by using the My Disney Experience mobile app. • PhotoPass Guest Support operations will be limited through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.