I recently posted news about a possible increase in Walt Disney World ticket prices and a new tiered ticket system. This is now official.
Seasonal pricing for a 1-Day Walt Disney World ticket and price increases for multi-day tickets will go into effect at Disney Parks Sunday, Feb. 28, 2016.
How will it work?
Each month is divided into value, regular and peak days with an 8-11 month calendar available for viewing online. Here’s an example, if you plan a visit for September, you will have a variety of options, including many days in the value period, which will give you the opportunity to pay less for a 1-Day ticket. If you plan to visit during a peak period, like the winter holidays you will pay more. Purchasing a 1-Day ticket in a non-peak period, or choosing multi-day ticket and annual passes, will provide additional flexibility and value.
You can choose from 3 types of 1-Day Theme Park Tickets. Tickets are available for Peak, Regular and Value seasons. Click here to view Peak, Regular and Value dates. 1-Day Theme Park Tickets will expire on December 31 of the year following purchase. View the 2016 Walt Disney Ticket Rates
1-Day Ticket Options
Guests who choose a 1-Day Ticket can select from the following:
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Magic Kingdom Ticket
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Epcot or Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom Ticket
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Park Hopper Ticket
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Water Park Fun & More Ticket
- 1-Day Magic Your Way Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More Ticket
Multi-Day Ticket Options at Walt Disney World
Guests who choose 2 to 10 day Magic Your Way Base Tickets enjoy admission to any one of the four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks for each day of their ticket. Any of the following options can be added:
- Park Hopper Option
Come and go as you please through all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park) on the same day for each day of your ticket.
- Water Park Fun & More Option
Two Disney Water Parks, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park.
- What does the "& More" include?
- Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf course (before 4:00 p.m.)
- Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf course (before 4:00 p.m.)
Expiration of Tickets
In addition, although in the past 1-Day tickets for Walt Disney World Resort did not expire, 1-Day tickets sold on or after Sunday, Feb. 28 for Walt Disney World Resort will expire at the end of the next calendar year. For example, 1-day tickets sold in 2016 will expire on Dec. 31, 2017. The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price.