I love animals so when I shared with you that some of the Walt Disney World hotels would allow pets, I didn't think twice about it. But then I began hearing from my clients who had raised concerns that I had not thought of. Some even asked to change hotels. Fortunately I was able to address each concern by working directly with Disney. And I have not heard one complaint or negative experience since the program started.
Today Disney announced that they are going to continue with this program and allow pets. In my experience, I have learned a few things that are worth pointing out regarding pet friendly rooms at Walt Disney World:
- Rooms that accommodate pets are designated "pet rooms" and are not typically offered to guests without pets.
- Disney performs a thorough cleaning of the room after a pet checks out.
- All pets must be registered at the front desk and no more than 2 pets per room are allowed (more on this below).
- Rooms that allow pets are confined to one particular area of the resort
- All dogs must be on a leash - no exceptions.
- Disney has a very strict policy regarding animal behavior. Unofficially speaking, I've been told that if Disney receives a complaint about an animal, the pet's owner will likely be asked to board their pet at Best Friends Pet Care or Disney will assist the guest in finding another hotel. This includes excessive barking and aggressive behavior. I've been told there are no second chances given once a complaint reaches the front desk.
When a guest registers his/her pet with the front desk they will receive notification of the pet policies they must adhere to. These include reminders about proper care and behavior, as well as the need for the dog to remain on a leash at all times while in public spaces. Guests must be able to provide documentation that their dog’s vaccinations and inoculations are up to date, upon request.
Pet Friendly Hotels at Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Art of Animation ResortDisney’s
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort
For more information on Pet Friendly hotels at Walt Disney World, call (407) 934-7639