How Disney's Magical Express Works
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary motorcoach transportation and luggage delivery service between Orlando International Airport and and select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. You will need to make a reservation prior to arriving. This can be done online at the Magical Express website - disneysmagicalexpress.com.
Before You Leave Home
- Be sure to pack your Magic Bands, any medications, valuables, and other essential items you need upon arrival in a carry-on bag.
- Car seats are not permitted in the motorcoach but they can be transported in the cargo hold.
- If you would like to participate in the luggage delivery service you will need to attach the yellow luggage tags on each item that you will be checking with your airline. If you did not receive your tags, please see below. Luggage service is available for flights arriving between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Luggage tags are not needed for your return trip to Orlando International Airport.
- Download the Orlando MCO Airport App on your smartphone for helpful information.
- After you deplane, take the airport monorail to the main terminal. You will arrive on Level 3.
- Proceed to Magical Express Welcome Center located on the B-Side of the main terminal, on Level 1. Follow signs for Ground Transportation.
- If you affixed the yellow luggage tags, there's no need to stop at Baggage Claim, your luggage will be retrieved for you and delivered to your Disney Resort hotel.
- You may opt to retrieve your own luggage. In this case, do not affix the yellow luggage tags. When arriving at Orlando International Airport, first stop at Baggage Claim on Level 2 and then to the Magical Express Welcome Center on Level 1.
- Disney's Magical Express can take between 45-75 minutes and may make multiple stops at other Disney Resort hotels. If saving time is important to you, consider renting a car or car service.
- If you tagged your luggage, it will be collected from your airline and will travel separately to your Disney Resort hotel.
- Luggage delivery may take up to 4 hours to be delivered to your room. Disney Value Resorts tend to take the longest - luggage delivery operates on 1 hour schedules. Moderate and Deluxe resorts have bellmen that deliver luggage as soon as it arrives.
- If your flight arrives after 10:00 p.m. you will need to claim your luggage at Baggage Claim on Level 2 and bring it with you on the motorcoach. This includes flights that were delayed.
Departing the walt disney world resort
- The day prior to to check-out you will receive a Magical Express Transportation Notice with your motorcoach pick-up time and location. This notice will be left in your room so there's no need to wait for it.
- Motorcoach pick-up times are scheduled approximately 3 hours prior to your flight time for domestic flights and 4 hours prior for international flights.
- You can check your luggage at your hotel so there's no need to bring it with you to airport. If you choose not to check your luggage with Resort Airline Check-In, you will be permitted to bring your luggage on the motorcoach.
Resort Airline Check-In Service
This complimentary service allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel so there is no need to check in at the airport. If you're flying on one of the participating airlines below, you are automatically enrolled in this service when you check into the Magical Express Welcome Center on your arrival day.
- If your flight is eligible, your boarding pass will be delivered to your room on the morning of your departure. Otherwise, you may retrieve your boarding pass at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk no less than 3 hours prior to your flight. Lines can get long so plan to arrive as early as possible.
- The Resort Airline Check-In Desk is open daily from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lines get long in the morning so arrive as early as possible.
- Guests with a flight departure before 8:00 a.m. must check in at the airport.
- Airline baggage fees apply.
What happens if you don't have your Booklet or Luggage Tags?
The Walt Disney Company does not own Magical Express, they contract with Mears Transportation. All luggage handling is operated Bags Inc. of Orlando. Unfortunately, these contractors don't always get it right. Sometimes travel documents arrive blank or they don't arrive at all. If this happens to you, don't worry! Just show your reservation confirmation or scan your MagicBand. Then show identification and you'll be permitted to board the motorcoach.
For Guests who do not receive Disney's Magical Express documents, please see below for details about the service.
Before You Leave Home
Be sure to pack Magic Bands, any medications, valuables, and any other essential items you will need upon arrival into a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport
Take the shuttle from your gate to the main terminal and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center located on the B side, level 1. You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
You have two options:
1. You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim located on Level 2 and bring it with you on the motorcoach. Bell Services can provide assistance delivering your luggage to your room upon check-in.
2. Be sure you get a baggage claim check from your airline when checking in for your flight. Upon arrival in Orlando, you may proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center and present your claim check. Disney will collect your luggage just as they would if you had luggage tags. Remember - You will need to provide your airline baggage claim check to the Disney representative upon arrival.
Luggage delivery to your resort room may take up to 4 hours to arrive after you have checked in at the resort. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage.
Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center
To check-in for your transportation, you will be asked to confirm your return flight information. You will then board a motorcoach that will take you to your resort. Your travel time may take up to 45 minutes as the motorcoaches may make up to three stops before arriving at your resort.
Walt Disney World Departure
The day prior to check-out, you will receive a Transportation Notice with your motorcoach pick-up time and location. To ensure that you do not miss your flight, motorcoach pick-up times are scheduled approximately 3 hours prior to your flight departure time for domestic flights and 4 hours prior for international flights
Updated July 2018, by Darren Wittko