1. Art of Topiaries The Disney horticulture team will be showing you how we create some of the amazing signature Walt Disney World topiaries.
2. Watermelon Carving – A watermelon will be artfully carved while you receive great tips and tricks to use at their next party.
3. Magic with Water – The Disney Photo Imaging team will discuss tips and tricks for taking great photos around water; including swimming pools, play fountains, waterfalls, and even in the rain. You will also learn about using camera settings, lenses, and locations to get the best results.
4. Animated Flip Books – This session is animation 101 where you will have the opportunity to create their own animated Flip Book while going over the fundamental principles of animation with one of our Disney animators.
5. Food Styling 101 – If you love taking photos of amazing dishes, this is your experience. The session will look at the basics of what goes into making food photo- and video-ready. Lessons include going from ingredients to a beautiful hero shot, talking tricks and tools of the trade and sharing tips to make their own food photography shine.
6. Inspiring Floral – This workshop will share floral design principles along with Disney-inspired creations to help you bring the magic of Disney home at any time of the year.
7. Handcrafted Calligraphy – It’ll be difficult not to have fun learning the basics of pointed pen calligraphy. This workshop will cover topics such as mastering faux calligraphy, how to hold an oblique pen, letter formation, common issues you may run into, and which paths they can take with their new skill.
8. Phone Cam Photography – This photography session from Disney Photo Imaging is for everyone! You will learn how to maximize the capabilities of your phone’s camera to improve your photos. Lighting adjustment, color adjustment, taking High Dynamic Range photos, time lapse, and how to edit photos are just a few of the topics on the agenda.
9. Handwritten Typography – Nothing is more personal than typography created by hand and at this workshop, a Walt Disney World Resort creative service manager will teach you how to draw their own hand drawn typography to create personalized gifts and cards.
10. Storytelling Drawings – A single drawing can tell a story – and this workshop will show you how to do it. A Disney animator will share the art of quick sketching from life. Gesture drawing of people covered in this session is a foundational practice for animators, storyboard artists, and directors.
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will return January 12 through February 19, 2018 to celebrate all things art – performing, visual and culinary. Book these experiences by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687)